Friday, March 4, 2011

How long is right for my novels?

I have mentioned that one of my novels will probably be around 90,000 words but the other two I am working on may not get over 60,000.


Of course we shall see how long they are when I get done, I could be wrong. But at the same time if I kept them under 60 I wouldn't have to worry about coming up with more chapters therefore more adventures. One of the two almost seems to be 75 to 85 per cent done at 40,000 words. That is I am ready to turn the corner to the ending sequence. Two maybe three more chapters. At the most that would be thirty thousand more words but probably significantly less.


This is important because in e-publishing length isn't so important. If I go that way I could leave them under 60,000. 


For more on that here is a post for Dean Wesley Smith's blog. He discusses the hows and whys of novel length. 



http://www.deanwesleysmith.com/?p=3412

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm working on turning lead into Gold