Saturday, November 10, 2012

NaNo update '12


NaNo update.

     I’m a bit late with this, I should have had two updates at least by now:

Anyway: I started off behind, had a couple of slow days. The NaNoWriMo site has a new chart that shows up when you update your word count. I would link to it but I’m not sure how to get it up without updating the count or if you have to sign on to see it. But they now predict the day you will reach 50,000 words. My final date was Dec 2 or even later with my second update. Third one had down to Dec 1, last time it was Nov 29. By that you can see I have been doing more than minimum amount per day. They say it should 1,660 words a day If I recall correctly.  My first few days were barely over a 1,000 words a day. But I’ve gotten way over 2,000 words a day for three days straight even though Last night--Friday the Ninth--was only 1100 words.

If I can do the 3,000 a day for Saturday and Sunday each, I will still be ahead. If I keep up with my speed and do the 3,000 words a day again next weekend I may be able to take the Friday after Thanksgiving off and work on typing up stories that I have on paper. I have four to six stories I wrote out during a period of time a couple of months ago. Most are short short.


I will also have to spend some time on critting three stories it looks like. And the Day after Thanksgiving is the traditional time we put up Christmas decorations outside. If it’s not raining and if my wife doesn’t have to work. We shall see this year how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm working on turning lead into Gold