Monday, September 5, 2011

WotF anthology # 27

I'm reading Writer's Of The Future Number 27. Since I had to order it anyway I decided to download it to my Nook.  Cheaper that way too.  Started the first story not bad at all even though melancholy so far. And the illustration that goes with it shows melancholy also.

But the opening line of the first story blows my usual comment for Firsts out of the water. The thing is long and a bit on the complicated side. I need to see how the others begin but usually short stories open with short and to the point sentences. And that was a long author's blurb.

The descriptions of the stories make some of them sound very interesting. I think I will enjoy most of them.

I know, online that is, one to three writers who got in this one. So it will be interesting to see how they do. I forget if I helped crit any of these but we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm working on turning lead into Gold