Friday, April 5, 2013

April 5 update



Not a good couple of weeks for my writing. But that isn't unusual.



The writing part is good made headway in my two WIPs, revised a couple of stories to send out but the writing isn't good.



I think I said in an earlier post that I entered a micro fiction contest. The results came out...nothing. They don't say but most probably didn't come close.

The last rejection from Beneath Ceaseless Skies implies I was middle at best. They usually say a line or two of what was wrong with the story. What they said this time and how they said speaks more than the words.

Four out of four critiquers for the long story I was going to send to Fantasy and Science Fiction say I did everything wrong. Not in those words but there were so many statements when you put them all together it says that. Thought I did it the same way I did the four openings that Dean Wesley Smith liked during his online workshop but I blew it big time.

The comment I finally got from Scott P. at S&SF-I did post that comment-shows I blew the story not even a "You got close".

The story I put on Universe Annex over at the Baen Bar even though not lousy still wasn't good.

So still trapped on that level half way up a certain mountain.  More on that later.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that, but never give up hope!

    Always remember what Ralph Waldo Emerson said

    "To be great is to be misunderstood"

    Keep it up and just keep submitting and submitting until you finally break down that wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks:

    Feel like I'm breaking my head on that wall


    But someday I may get better mountain climbing gear yet someday has been here already still doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete

I'm working on turning lead into Gold