Wednesday, August 29, 2012

100th anniversary


No, not my marriage that is only 34 years about two weeks ago.


This is for F&SF, the other day I realized that my latest rejection could very well be rejection number one hundred. To be on the safe side I say anywhere from 98 to 102.   I've sent more stories to them than any other market. That includes a number of sub-genres in both SF and Fantasy. At least four different assistant editors have read my stuff--one personal rejection five years ago. Could be five assistant editors but I might be counting Lisa Rogers twice with that number. Lately it's been Stephen Mazur. He used to read my stories every now and then but the last six to ten it's been just him. He's as tough as they all are.


So what do they want...a good story with at least good writing. Could be my stories aren't that good but somehow I don't think that's it. Which leaves my writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm working on turning lead into Gold