Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Partial writing euphony and an almost contradiction

This comes from a discussion on Hatrack the Orson Scott Card's writing forum

I know Dean Wesley Smith and other pros talk about no rules to writing but at the same time we need to learn how to write. So I wrote this at hatrack:

"Even though I haven't thought it in these words I've wondered if that is what happened to me a few years ago. I lost my voice. To a certain degree I believe that did happen when I tried to force my writing into the shape I thought editors wanted but at the same time I have learned a few things since then so my voice may not be quite what it once was. I see the idea that there are no rules but that you have to learn as an almost contradiction but I might be beginning to understand it. "

I have stated that I have forgotten how to write but maybe I just forgot what my voice is.
I don't know if this is thee problem that I have a tendency to think I have, since that time a few years ago that I did better, but it is something to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm working on turning lead into Gold