Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My Reading: "The Iron Wyrm Affair"


"The Iron Wyrm Affair"  by Lilith Saintcrow


Interesting in that there is an interview with Ms Saintcrow in the back of the book.


But before I get into more on the book, that last name would make an interesting premise for a story. I may use it some time.

Anyway, the book is steampunk, Lots of magic. Ms Saintcrow did a great job in forming the world and characters. She did her own way of magic, guards and augmenting humans and animals.  The adventure was great and she was able to put her MCs (Yep, she has two) into more and more danger. Even though she may not be as skilled at that as some writers but still it is a well done book and worthy of being read. Well, the world is very dark which for myself lessened my enjoyment but still I will get the next one, which is out. She also keeps the characters separate both main ones and a couple of minor ones are each very unique to each other.

She used a dragon in a unique way and some time I will borrow that idea even though of course with my own twist.

Check it out http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-iron-wyrm-affair-lilith-saintcrow/1106244224?ean=9780316201261

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm working on turning lead into Gold