Saturday, February 19, 2011

But this chance

I have a chance to try a smaller traditional publisher in March if I can get most of Bright Lights redone by the 30th.  I say most because they want only the first five chapters at first. I say smaller but they have a lot of books out now and even more in the pipeline. I wonder if they could be medium or a large small publisher.  No word on their pay. I checked. So it could be close to normal or it could be quite a bit less from what I understand about such publishers. Of course they would have to decide they like my book first which is a very big if. With my writing, bigger than usual. So with that in mind I think I will go ahead and try them if I have five plus chapters finished by the 28th. That would give me two days to get them send in.


Del Rey is involved with some type of contest. They are a well known SF publisher and have a good rep but with them I would have to get my novel all the way ready by the 15th of March and then it will be voted on. I think it's only First place that gets it published or probably gets it published.  Second and Third Places get books or some such.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm working on turning lead into Gold