Sunday, January 16, 2011

My writing

Been a while since I said anything about my own writing.

I sent in one story to Writer's of the Future first quarter contest. Sent a story for Quarter 2 to a group on hatrack writer's forum to look over. That story has already been torn apart on Universe's forum which is part of Baen's Bar so hopefully it won't need that much work.


Anyway I now have 76,000 words on Bright Lights my Nano novel. I hope to have it done in a month to two months. I will need someone to help find the nitpicks:typos, wrong words, bad grammar etc., but it will be ready to go. Or so I hope.

Then I will have to decide what to do with it. Go the usual route of looking for an agent, go straight to a publisher, or go epublishing. Agents aren't what they used to be and there a lot of bad stories out there esp. with the new ones.

And somewhere I need to send out 13 stories. I decided where I just have to do it.
And decide on another one I haven't sent out yet so it would be 14.

And I still have a ton of ideas for stories I need to work on, plus two I have to redo and another two to four to finish sometime.  Sigh--I need two days off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm working on turning lead into Gold