Sunday, September 22, 2013

Some of My Favorite Music-Casting Crowns

This is contrary to my last post but it also has been on my mind for a while I decided I had time to do both today.






  A change of subject from my very serious venting last time.

It’s been a while since I’ve done a post on music but I was listening to this album a month ago and decided I wanted to say something about it, I finally am.  

Casting Crowns is what I call my favorite still together group. My all time favorite is Petra but they broke up years ago. CC is obviously still together. I discovered them years ago when they came out with “Lifesong” even though when it played on the radio I never heard it was them. I thought it was by the group Lifesong. The first song I really caught on was from them is “East To West”. Lifesong came out in ’05 and East To West in ’07. 

Petra was Rock, no mistake about it but I’m not sure of Casting Crowns. Rock-Pop maybe. They do some that have large Rock flavor to it but they also do a few that have a Country flavor. 

The album Is “Come To The Well” by Casting Crowns. It’s their eighth I think. Maybe tenth if you count a couple of Live albums from previous releases. It came out in ’11 but I haven’t listened to the whole thing very often. I have certain songs from it on my iTunes which I listen to a bunch. 


Mark Hall the lead singer gas dyslexia but it hasn’t stopped him from becoming a Youth Paster and Lead singer for for the award winning Casting Crowns. I heard an interview with him where he talked about it. Yes he does makes mistakes in the songs on stage but he doesn’t seem to let it bother him. The band just keeps playing and most probably the audience doesn’t notice or if they do it’s no big deal. 

Anyway “Come to the Well” is a great album.  “Courageous” was used in a movie by the same name. 

My favorite songs from the album are: “Jesus, Friend Of Sinners”, “Already There”, “My Own Worse Enemy”. “The Well” is good too.  Actually, all the songs are good. Very well done too. All of the voices are excellent. “Just Another Birthday” is a powerful song about a daughter who wants something from her dad who is no longer in her life. The signing is very well done and the whole story is as I said powerful. There is a story behind it but I haven’t had the chance to hear it, even though it is on their web site. On the Video updates page.  I also like “Praise You In The Storm” Very Good. “Voice of Truth” “Until The Whole World Hears” Excellent video on that one. “Who I am” and “Glorious Day” also. There are others but that gives you an idea of how many of their songs I love and there are some I like too. 

Speaking of which here is their web site: Casting Crowns They have a lot of interesting pages. Including videos of the members talking and a online community you can join. And some Bible teaching by Mark. 

Here is their page in the iTunes store Here   and for  "Come To The Well"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm working on turning lead into Gold