Sunday, April 11, 2010

A book I like

I've been meaning to do more of these but I finally got to this.








I’m reading the second October Daye book by Seanan McCuire. Very good. The first book was nicely done and I think this one was written even better. And I don’t know if it was done on purpose or if it’s me but I think it’s less dark than the first one. 

Seanan has set up an interesting world with the Fey being hidden from ordinary humans. Even though not in all cases for the are half fey running around all over the place and three fourths fey etc. 

As I said this book seems to be less dark. One reason for that maybe that she isn’t dealing with fabian(?) type of half way houses for half fey. And her MC seems to be happier or at least not dealing with so much depressing stuff in her personal life. 

But the opening reminds me of Murphy’s MC’s Walker. They just kinda dressed almost the same and going out clubbing. And as I was thinking about doing a very short down time, I felt like the McCuire’s writing resembled Murphy’s. Almost like Murphy Ghost wrote it or they went to the same writings school- read the writing same books or both writers are the same person. Which I kinda doubt, they both have the completely different web sites with personal histories etc.. It could be the same writing books because what I noticed were scenes and MC difficulties that could be in any book.  

Louis

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm working on turning lead into Gold