Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Politics

Copy of Editor letter I sent to my local paper. It looks like they're not going to print it even though they have two more days before I totally give up.


A few words about why some of us are against the Mosque at Ground zero. It’s has nothing to do with hindering religious freedom. The imum is still free to be an Imum dissipate the negative statements he made about the US on national TV and during speeches. They can still build the mosque elsewhere. Nowhere in the constitution does it say a place of worship has to be built the first place chosen by those who want it built. Throughout the country churches have been told not there, I know of a church in Fresno that didn’t build in a certain neighborhood because those who lived there didn’t want a church nearby.

I have problems believing that the Imam really is a bridge builder. Even with the great opposition he, for some strange unknown reason, still demands it be built there. A place many consider to be part of ground zero. A part of one plane damaged the building now there. But even if only debris hit it that still would be close enough to be ground zero. I say build the new mosque as far away it takes for the extreme Muslims not to consider it a victory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm working on turning lead into Gold